HELP ME

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

HELP ME

Post by LH95sohc »

I recently put Glow Gauges in my neon, and I have almost everything set except for the speedometer. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME reset the speedo. I think I have it within 5-7mph but Im not too sure. If anyone has done this, PLEASE let me know lol. Thanx
-Sean :oops:
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

That might be as good as you can get it. My ACR had indiglo gauges in it when I bought it, and the speedometer and gas gauge are both off. I never messed with it, I always planned on just replacing the cluster with an unmolested one since I didn't like the gauges anyway.
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Yea I asked my dad for advice, and he said not to mess with it and I'll just Have to get used to it, and he was right, I am starting to get used to it. I guess it being 5mph off isnt that bad after all.
-SEAN

LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Well on a trip back from Cincinnati yesterday, I hit a bump and my Speedometer needle flew off. When I stopped and tried to fix it, I still wasnt getting an acurate reading b/c while I was going at least 20mph the speedo still was readin 0mph. Does anyone know where I might be able to get it fixed???? I cant keep driving like this lol :oops:
Thanx- Sean
-SEAN

Epitaphrox
Local Neon Owner

UGH neons and their gauges...

Post by Epitaphrox »

*this is for 1st gens only!!!*

well i have a 96 neon it's always bumping around the speedo from going 0 and im really going like 70 or any speed for that matter... anywayz the best thing to do is disconnect your battery... this just makes everything reset.... locate the speed sensor (nice pic in the haynes manual) unplug the speed sensor (if your check engine soon light comes on just ignore it) ( your batt. should be unplugged anyway...) plug it back in after about 5 min. it will help even better if your car is a stick to let it roll a few feet and the stop so it can completely reset. the other thing you should know is if your speedo is at zero and your car is stopped then the speed sensor and the speedo only work when the car is going over 3 mph!!!!! so after you let the car sit for awhile put everything back together and try it again. if your speedo needle pops off then you should just buy a new instrument cluster anyways cuz the indiglo is removable...
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Sweet I'll try that as soon as I get my car back from the shop........Broken torque converter....ugh.. but thanx for the advice.
-SEAN

XoticNeon
Local Neon Owner

Post by XoticNeon »

When a friend and I put my gauges in he took a sharpie and drew lines on the 30-60-90-20 marks... and then lined it up to make sure everything was acurate.. Another trick is to turn the key foward in the ignition.. but not on... hold the "trip odometer" until you see your gauges move.. should move to 30-60-90-20 and back down.. But that's for an '00... maybe it'll help
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

when the battery got disconnected the Speedo reset and everything is back to normal now so Im pretty happy.. :lol: So everything is all good. Thanx for the Help.
-SEAN