remember me piston slap new problem

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
sps20racer
Local Neon Owner

remember me piston slap new problem

Post by sps20racer »

Well a couple guys may remeber me(Vinny, Scotch) I took your guys advice and rebuilt the entire bottom end. Well put it all back in and it still knocks. Come to find out it was my flywheel the whole time :x. Which leads me to my current problem. I was only able to fire the car up one time and I cannot get the starter to crank over for the life of me. I checked everything in the circuit from new ignition switch, new park neutral safety switch, all the fuses and realys are fine, swapped computers, hot wired the starter and it still cranks but i cannot get the car to make it crank. Any ideas or if someone has had a similar problem please help.
Who says neons dont kick ass!!!
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

Your crank sensor could be messed up. Check and make sure its hooked up and not loose. also the gap could be too far between it and the crankshaft, which means the pcm won't crank it at all. anyone else has any ideas......
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
sps20racer
Local Neon Owner

Post by sps20racer »

Well I willl give it a try but if I remember correctly, the crankshaft positioning sensor doesn't kick in till after the car has cranked. Correct me if I'm wrong. Does anyone know anything about the fusible link that is in the black and grey cable running from the starterto the alternator and where can I get one cuz I think that maybe my problem.
Who says neons dont kick ass!!!