Fuel filter??

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
robert 'bob' paulson
Local Neon Owner

Post by robert 'bob' paulson »

LH95sohc wrote:I thought that was only for 95-99 with the whole key turn thing. I guess I'll try it. I talked to a couple of mechanics they said it could be my O2 Sensor or my TPS sensor, so Idk.
:oops: i read your user name and assumed you had a 95 SOHC so i just posted that without thinking you could have a second gen. i do however have the codes for 2000-2002 or 2003-2005 in case you can get your hands on a scanner. as far as i know, there is no key trick for 2nd gens. (own two 1st gens here)
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

well I used to have a 95 way back when. But yea thanx, Im just hopin that its not internal, but if it is, I dont know if I want to take it to the dealer again.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Ok soo I did an OBD 2 scan, and got nothing... so I have no clue.... o yea and on top of it all, my engine is making a god awful knocking sound now and it only happens at about 1/4 throttle or 2000 to 2500 Rpm my friends think its a valve or a lifter. What do you all think?
-SEAN

Diablo0
Site Admin

Post by Diablo0 »

Not sure without really hearing the noise. Drive it down for the meet and I'm sure one of us can make a stab at what it could be lol. Does it just feel like the engine is lugging. Like once you get past 2500 it takes off or if you let up off the gas a little the noise goes away?
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T (SRT-4 Engine Swap)
Click Sig Pic for more info

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.
- Benjamin Franklin
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Yea thats exactly what it feels like. Like when I barely touch the throttle, I can hear the real loud knocking but when I put my foot into it, its seems like it goes away. I actually had to replace my o2 sensor today( tons of fun btw..... :evil: ) but it didnt really help much, I am still getting the noise. I know that neons make most of their power between 2500 to 4600 I think. It also feels like Ive lost power completely through the powerband. Id hate to take it back to the dealer, bc it seems like everytime I get it back something else goes wrong.
-SEAN