Help my decision

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Help my decision

Post by Tyler »

All summer Ive been working for building my sohc up tp be a mid 14 second car. I have almost everything to put it all together. I've bought all this stuff:

Crane #14 Cam
Custom Box Intake Manifold
New sohc head- got it P&P and decked .030"
Magnum Valve springs
Relocated my battery
Mopar gasket kit
New intake setup to go w/ the box mani
Timing Belt
AEM Silver Cam gear

I think Im forgetting something....Im still buying a water pump and am looking for a magnum header to go w/head.

Now after this taking so long to get together Im reconsidering putting it together right now. My other option Im going after is finding a nice set of SRT-4 wheels and tires, which Ive found at a great price.

What would you guys do? Finished the N/A build I've started or go after some nice rims to dress up to exterior? The only reason Im leaning towards the engine is because Ive bought well over 1 grand in parts..... :? Im not sure what I want right now, someone steer me in the right direction.... :violent2:
Built sohc runnin finally! Gotta love the lobe of a crane #14......
Vinny
Admin

Post by Vinny »

What do you have for wheels now? SRT wheels are ugly, get some Fiero wheels if you only have steelies or something and are itching for wheels, they won't cost as much, will look better and be more functional. Finish your engine stuff.

Or buy my Rotas lol
1ST GEN PARTS FOR SALE! CLICK HERE!

1986 Corolla GT-S coupe - 1995 Neon SOHC MTX sedan

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIE INSURANCE!!!
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

I have 1st gen r/t wheels so its not that my car looks bad or anything. Im just wanting some 17's. I guess Im going with the engine work.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

You may need a computer of some sort. Mopar or AF/X. Also may need to open it up a bit with a cat back and a set of headers.That is actually a very nice goal to set for yourself and still mid 14s is pretty quick for N/a.
Brandon Burns
Intense Blue 98 Neon R/T-(Project Srt coupe)
Black 98 Neon R/T-The DD(Project AAR Neon)
Intense Blue 98 Neon-teh beater sohc,atx,13 inch hubcaps FTW!!
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

Tyler wrote:I have 1st gen r/t wheels so its not that my car looks bad or anything. Im just wanting some 17's. I guess Im going with the engine work.
KEEP THE 14s they are SOO LIGHT compared to the srt wheels.
Brandon Burns
AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

neonrtdriver wrote:You may need a computer of some sort. Mopar or AF/X. Also may need to open it up a bit with a cat back and a set of headers.That is actually a very nice goal to set for yourself and still mid 14s is pretty quick for N/a.
He already has all the bolt-ons, including a Mopar PCM and Pacesetter header, he just mentioned the stuff he's bought this summer.

As for my opinion, finsh the damn engine Tyler. You know what my thoughts are on the wheels, so I won't even go there. If you want to do something to the exterior, forget wheels, get a fog bumper and a smooth rear bumper and handles, that's all your car needs (besides Vinny's Rotas :twisted: ).
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
neonrtdriver
Local Neon Owner

Post by neonrtdriver »

Very nice can you post your mod list? Looks like you may be VERY close to your goal.
Brandon Burns
Tyler
Local Neon Owner

Post by Tyler »

My mod list that will be on the car when I finish it.

Auto tb(soon to be 60mm)
MPx udp
Pacesetter header(will be a stock magnum header until I get more $$$)
Solid mounts
Relocated battery to trunk
Eibach sportlines on KYB-GR2 struts
Mopar PCM
STS
Diamond CLear heads/ turns
EGR block off
booger bushings
Crane #14
Basically a race 'ported head'(reseated valves, port matched intake ports and magnum spec exhaust ports, P&P, milled .030")
Magnum Valve Springs
AMM intake mani- very nice!
Custom intake w/ huge K&N
AEM cam gear
DOHC stock muffler

Thats all I can think of right now...other than random things like r/t wheels, tach cluster....little things.

Once I get a nice Long tube and cat-back to go with theengine srtup I think I may and I say may beable to pull a very high 13 out of my ass. But probably on drag radials. I should post some pics but dont have any on hand.....