accident that i found to be a little strange...

This the place to talk about Neons, other cars, things that bother you, or anything else.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

accident that i found to be a little strange...

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

well out on Sawmill today there was a slight accident with an 300C Hemi and an old Nissan pickup... looks like the 300C was pulling out and the pickup hit the front driver side... the funny part was though that the pickups front end was complete and otter totaled... everything was pushed in and such... but yet the 300C looked like it sustained some suspension trouble and a wrecked fender..and thats all... gotta love Chryslers sturdiness lol i just found that to be funny cause its normally the truck that has hardly any damage and the car that gets totalled....
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

It takes about 75% the current car's value to total it out , according to the body shop manager at my former place of employment ( Northgate Crysler CHEAP ). So to total out a brand new 300 Hemi car, it needs to be hit reallyhard, like torn in half, or flooded, to become a salvage car.
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.
Neoncrazy101
Local Neon Owner

Post by Neoncrazy101 »

so u mean if i get rear ended even just a little...my cars totaled? how sad :cry:
71Roadrunner
Local Neon Owner

Post by 71Roadrunner »

The 300C weights more than an older Nissan pickup and being new is far more solid, so it's gonna be fairly tank-like which matches it's high sides with short windows look.
'71 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440, Auto. (Modified)
'04 Dodge SRT-4, 2.4L Turbo, 5-Spd. (Modified)
'99 Dodge Neon R/T, 2.0L, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Modified) Sold
'87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z, 2.2L Turbo II, 5-Spd. (Stock) Sold
Metal_gear_jon
Local Neon Owner

Post by Metal_gear_jon »

71Roadrunner wrote:The 300C weights more than an older Nissan pickup and being new is far more solid, so it's gonna be fairly tank-like which matches it's high sides with short windows look.
Christ, Magnums are just around 5,000 pounds, and they put 2.7s in the cheap ones.....
'95 SOHC Sport ATX , slightly modded '95 SOHC Highline MTX , bought and sold. Shoot me , I needed the money.