Engine missing.

This forum is for questions about modifications, or for if you are having a problem with your Neon and need answers.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Engine missing.

Post by LH95sohc »

OK so heres the thing, I got the new motor in my car and AS SOON AS i started driving it, it started backfiring and missing as I was driving on the highway, now I thought it might have been the plugs, bc the plugs that were in there were all corroaded and such, so I put new plugs in and the thing is still backfiring and everything. :x so Im wondering what it could be... Any help would be appreciated.
-SEAN

SRT-4 is king of the Street
Cbussilver01es on 2GN!!!!

LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Ok sooo I tried a BUNCHA different shit and I still cant figure out what is wrong. I changed my MAP sensor. It did nothing, thought it was my injectors, wasnt those, the only thing that I can think of is it being my coil or my spark plug wires. the engine backfires like a mo fo and its really pissin me off, not to mention its pretty dangerous when the engine doesnt fire, and you are goin 70mph down the highway. Please someone, help...
-SEAN

AlexSuave23
Local Neon Owner

Post by AlexSuave23 »

I'd go ahead and switch the coil and wires, they're cheap enough that even if they don't fix it, it'll be good to replace them.

How many miles are on the new motor?
1998 R/T coupe - Full bolt-on's and some extras *SOLD*
1998 S-10 ZQ8 - Shaved and slammed *SOLD*
1997 Cobra - CAI, X-Pipe, Flowmasters, 3.73 gear, short throw.....gettin' there.
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

The engine has I think 50,000 miles on it. Im short on money now, but hopefully that is what will take care of it. Im short on money bc of the ridiculously high gas prices :evil:
-SEAN

LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

Ok well I changed the coil and the wires and it still didnt really do shit, so I have no Idea on what it could be. I even thought it could be my plugs so I tried new ones, but that did not do anything so I have no idea whats wrong. It backfires while I accelerate and stumbles. I hope to god Its not my valves bc I cant go with out my car for another couple of weeks.. UGH its all bull shit... :evil:
-SEAN

NeonRT
Local Neon Owner

Post by NeonRT »

i had the same pro. when i put my sport motor in my car. and it turned out to be the pcm.
Lets ride.
My new home page.
http://www.myspace.com/djacobs25
LH95sohc
Local Neon Owner

Post by LH95sohc »

the PCM has been in the back of my mind, my dad was thinkin the same thing, well I hope that might be it, even tho I dont have the money for one yet.... :oops:
-SEAN

insepter20
Local Neon Owner

Post by insepter20 »

mine was doing something like that and it tured out to be the camshaft sensor